Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Thing #15

I am glad I am not the Librarian!!!

I have always been amazed at our Librarian at MMS but now I have a new found respect for her. Her job is HUGE! I found this reading very interesting and almost profound. Libraries as I know them are a thing of the past... I feel old. One thing that shot out at me was a quote from one of the articles that Libraries should be places of collaboration and conversation. WOW I said that back in college but I was told to shhhhhhh. Now it is a must! Change is good!

I think I am climbing up on my soap box... yeah I am. Why in the world does our district not mandate this type of information to every teacher in the form of inservice days. This type of stuff would benefit each employee in the school district and serve us much better than some of the stuff we are forced to listen to. As you can tell I think the world of our Librarian, she could teach our campus so much. IF we were to learn together it would open up a road of collaboration and conversation between teachers across the entire campus, using the Library for what is should be used for in our day and age of technology. Our campus is very lucky we have so many computers plus each teacher has laptop... learning together would be fun and oh so beneficial.

OK I have stepped down now and am going to bed. Thing #15 was good...

No comments: