Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thing #5

I'm getting better! It only took me three tries to get my "math" pic on my blog. YAY for me! I did have some schema for tags and groups but I had never looked at Flickr before. Great site and I will use it next year on the kids encouragement notes that I write them. I wish I could get the pic I used in a poster size for my room. I think I will have the kids pick out a "math" pic that represents their thoughts on learning math and make a poster for each class period. The more can get them to personalize learning math the better the end result.

2 comments:

Mrs. Lam said...

I love your idea about the math pic. I also teach math, and I completely agree that the more personal connections the kids make, the more interest they have in the subject! Thanks for sharing!

Book Nook Girl said...

Great math pic! As someone who isn't a math person, I like the idea of kids choosing the math pictures to represent their thoughts on learning math. It would be interesting to have them do this at the beginning of the year and again at the end of the year. It sounds like you are a fun teacher, so I bet their pictures would change!