Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing # 8

OK the "Things" are getting more and more fun and very beneficial. I am a news junkie but I hate listening to the news on TV because I believe that the media slants things to their point of view. I have always wanted to say, " just give me a two sentence summary and move on." Now after finding out about RSS and setting up my account I can now simply get the highlights or "needs to know" point from all aspects of life that I am interested in: national news, celebrities, quotes, and stock market. I am not sure how I can use this in the classroom but the Library would be a terrific place to have one computer set up that the students could go and get the highlights of the news from around the world. I found the following quote from one of the Google sites and would like to share it with you. I laughed out loud when I read it because it is so ME...

"I write down everything I want to remember. That way, instead of spending a lot of time trying to remember what it is I wrote down, I spend the time looking for the paper I wrote it down on!"

Beryl Pfizer

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

This is a great quote! I love it!