Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Thing #7

GOOGLE... Now we are having fun! I really enjoyed this "Thing"! I am teaching a class for Paras at the beginning of the school year about the important use of manipulates in math to students with learning disabilities. I was blown away by the amount of research based PowerPoints that I found through Google Advanced Search. With all the information I found my presentation for the summer workshop is already half finished. The amount of new data based information that can be found at the touch of a key is amazing. I need to spend my computer addiction time surfing Google for teaching ideas rather than spending time reading People.com and IM'ing my friends.

I also really enjoyed spending time getting comfortable with Google Earth. My math students would love the Explore the Sky and Fly to Any Place search areas. The more instruction can be personal the better for my students.

1 comment:

Book Nook Girl said...

I love your enthusiasm! Isn't Google amazing! I feel like I am constantly learning something new about Google. I love the advanced search tool! There is really some great information out on the web if you just know how to access it!